Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ClassicMako.com Forums
 Electronics
 Laptop Crash (HP customer service SUCKS!!!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C130enginetroop

USA
942 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  13:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my laptop crashed on Friday morning it is only 3 months old. Had to pay a guy to get all my school work off of it, in three hours he had 83 sectors go bad while trying to get my data back, I did get it though. I had to pull out the old desk top and reload everything to have a computer. All I can say is HP's customer service SUCKS. I called and they said they would send my a new hard drive and it should be a two to three days (I use the laptop for school so time is of the essence), but when the next guy got on the phone I was told the 28th of March "maybe" So I said send me a new computer, after 2 hours on the phone no hard drive or laptop yet. They can not transfer me from India to America because there are no phone lines here????? Needless to say I am pissed!!!!!! I am have CM withdraw so I will get back to reading post.

This was the shortened version of Fridays events)

Gabe

Savannah, Georgia

williemilkem

USA
1142 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  14:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hello, my name is John Smith" in an absolutely bad indian accent There is no american customer service. I spent days trying to deal with them. Then they tried to get me to buy a new plan. 50$ and they couldnt promise the fix. All in a really bad accent

Proud member of the
I.B.E.W. local827

Keith,
franklin, new jersey
1989 mako 250WA
2007 twin 150 etecs

Go to Top of Page

gmcauliffe

USA
1765 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  15:11:04  Show Profile  Visit gmcauliffe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Backup backup backup. Early and often. Treat hard drives as disposable - because they're the only thing with moving parts prone to breakage, and (relatively) easily replaceable. And if you ever paid for any sort of "special extended warrantee", you got taken.

NYC & L.I. - 1974 "Classic" Mako 20' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R
My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594
Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeepFund

480 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  13:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wait... wait, I just google earth'd India, I think I just found John Smith...

Hahah, all jokes aside, most tech companies have outsourced to India because this increases their profit margin exponentionally. It's not just HP, you have Dell, Microshaft, AT&T (Took me 5 hours to configure a T1 span with some at&t guy in india) some apple and a bunch of the other large conglomerates. It's cheaper for them to pay these guys nothing and give their customers nothing in return. Your best bet is as soon as they start talking tell them you need to speak to level 2 support, you were told to go directly there, if they give you crap then say level 3 or a manager. A mangaer or level 2 support at least has some knowledge rather than just spitting back at you what you've already said.

1980 21, 97 Rude 200
South Shore MA.
Go to Top of Page

C130enginetroop

USA
942 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  16:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update- I made it all the way up to the customer service rep in Canada (This is the guy who can decide weather you get a new computer or a hard drive, lets just say this guy does not like me becuase he keep saying he was going to hang up the phone if I did not give him my credit card number so he could order me a hard drive that is not in stock and is under warranty and I wanted to talk to his boss which he would not let me, funny thing is he gave me his phone number and ext when I first started talking to him so I told him hang the phone up and I will call every 10 min. until you help me.) and lets just say I still have no lap top or hard drive. I have called HP corp headquarters in Calfornia and filed a complaint along with the BBB so maybe this will get there heads out of the ass's. The problem is they don't know when they are going to have a hard drive and I have to wait until the 28th of March before they will consider it excessive???????? I will tell you this I will never own another one.

Gabe

Savannah, Georgia
Go to Top of Page

21FTCC

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  09:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C130,

I hear this happen all the time, even with dell. Dell designed a laptop with the cooling fan on the bottom. Some people would put the laptop on their lap or on a pad and it would block the fan and the motherboard would just die within an hour of use. Normally a cert. tech has to come out and replace the hard drive. Laptops are a pain to get apart and back together. Best thing you can do when you get a new hard drive is.
Have a fresh install of the windows version your using (not the restore disk install) a clean, nothing else installed. Install the drivers for the sound and etc. Install anti-virus and anti spyware. 1. Symantec 2. Ad-ware by lava soft. 3. spywareblaster 4. spybot search and destory.
Also install SP2 if you have XP. A clean verison not from microcraps web site. Then install unpnp and shot the messenger. Then install the patch for day light saving. Then install office and other software you need. This is what we do to system that come in with spyware and hang up. Normally they never come back in until the kids go back on the crappy websites and really destory the system again. Normally if you installed a system this way, the spy software will stop alot of things.

Forgot, install firefox.

North Grafton MA

Edited by - 21FTCC on 03/23/2007 09:10:12
Go to Top of Page

techmania

1 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  16:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by C130enginetroop

Well my laptop crashed on Friday morning it is only 3 months old. Had to pay a guy to get all my school work off of it, in three hours he had 83 sectors go bad while trying to get my data back, I did get it though. I had to pull out the old desk top and reload everything to have a computer. All I can say is HP's customer service SUCKS. I called and they said they would send my a new hard drive and it should be a two to three days (I use the laptop for school so time is of the essence), but when the next guy got on the phone I was told the 28th of March "maybe" So I said send me a new computer, after 2 hours on the phone no hard drive or laptop yet. They can not transfer me from India to America because there are no phone lines here????? Needless to say I am pissed!!!!!! I am have CM withdraw so I will get back to reading post.

This was the shortened version of Fridays events)

Gabe

I have the same issue and I have searched a solution search online then I contact its helpline and they give me proper solution for my problem. So you can follow this link https://babasupport.org/hp/hp-laptop-touchpad-not-working/ for solving your problem
Go to Top of Page

dtmackey
Snoop Dog

USA
7269 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  22:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Either SPAM or someone clueless they are posting to a thread that's over 11 years old. Priceless....

D-

Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226.
- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23' IB, 1970s 17 Angler
Go to Top of Page

f2help

United Arab Emirates
1 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2018 :  06:46:45  Show Profile  Visit f2help's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hp Laptop is very popular brand that's amazing result provide the users. But many time Laptop have crash that why laptop user face many problems.

https://uaetechnician.ae/hp-computer-laptop-repair
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ClassicMako Owners Club, Inc. © Louisiana Web Host, LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07