New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark234

3 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  22:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
day 07:10 PM
Scammer! Buyer beware!
Unfortunately, I purchased on eBay from William Cazanas from Jupiter Florida (Will Power Enterprises LLC) for $5400. I purchased a "fully inspected by a certified tech Evinrude Etec with 560 hours. Needs nothing but a new owner." I took the motor after rigging to my mechanic to get the 300 hour recommended maintenance done and to get the blessing on the motor. My mechanic informed me that it needed a new flywheel installed for $900 and upon receiving the printout is when I got the real disturbing news, Will's 560 hours was a bogus 1291...more than double! He has refused to offer any kind of compensation and will not stand behind the motor. He is a lying scammer. This is a police officer doing this stuff? I've called ebay and I am not the only one with complaints against him. He has been shut down from other red marks on his account. His Facebook page appears to be abandoned.
Buyer beware he is still out there selling and he will do it again!

tebee1

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  21:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will second that motion. My 250 SWS I finally kicked the bucket and I was not interested in buying new. I ran across Will Power Enterprises and he had some good looking motors etc...Long story short, I bought a 2001 250 SWS II for $4000. When I picked mine up from FedEx freight it looked nothing like the one in the photo and when I got it home I noticed it was counter rotating and had a different serial number. Took it to my mechanic, Ships Chandler in Destin, and found out it is locked up, called Will to tell him and he tried to put it back on me. I got my mechanic to call him and he said the boys in the yard must have crated up the wrong motor. He agreed to ship the correct motor to the shop and pick up the bad motor at his cost. New motor would crank and run but would not turn in either direction and the tilt and trim did not work. He no longer takes my calls or answers my emails or texts.

Tony
1995 Mako 231 w/ 250 Yamaha
Auburn, AL
Go to Top of Page

TheFishTank

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  13:45:18  Show Profile  Visit TheFishTank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is wire fraud; Contact the FTC.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark234

Scammer! Buyer beware!
Unfortunately, I purchased on eBay from William Cazanas from Jupiter Florida (Will Power Enterprises LLC) for $5400. I purchased a "fully inspected by a certified tech Evinrude Etec with 560 hours. Needs nothing but a new owner." I took the motor after rigging to my mechanic to get the 300 hour recommended maintenance done and to get the blessing on the motor. My mechanic informed me that it needed a new flywheel installed for $900 and upon receiving the printout is when I got the real disturbing news, Will's 560 hours was a bogus 1291...more than double! He has refused to offer any kind of compensation and will not stand behind the motor. He is a lying scammer. This is a police officer doing this stuff? I've called ebay and I am not the only one with complaints against him. He has been shut down from other red marks on his account. His Facebook page appears to be abandoned.

DonK
Boca Raton, FL

1979 236IB: 'The Fish Tank'
1979 Backcountry 18 'Boner'
<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J

Redneck Troubleshooting:
1) If it moves, but ain't supposed to, use Duct Tape
2) If it don't move, but supposed to, use WD40
3) If that don't fix it, it's electrical!
Go to Top of Page

Sailor

USA
10674 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  09:49:57  Show Profile  Visit Sailor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that's crazy. Hope you get some resolution.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark234

Scammer! Buyer beware!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
1985 Mako 20c - sold
Mary Esther, FL
http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841

Go to Top of Page

Justin
Fortune Favors the Bold

USA
4345 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  10:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unbelievable the BS people pull. Sorry to hear.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ClassicMako Owners Club, Inc. © Louisiana Web Host, LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07